Our Montessori Services and Programs
Hillside Montessori provides a variety of Montessori services and programs tailored to different age groups and requirements. Located in Trabuco Canyon, just outside of Lake Forest, our school options employ an authentic Montessori Method to help your child reach their full potential.
How the Montessori Method Can Make a Difference
The Montessori Method can make all the difference when it comes to your child’s education. Dr. Maria Montessori’s teaching philosophy has helped children put the world around them into a context they can easily understand. Here at Hillside, we emphasize acceptance and tolerance, exploring and learning, warmth and care—the child and the adult.
We believe that by combining these elements, we can create the ideal learning environment—an environment where every child is gifted. Contact us today to schedule a tour.
What Does Our Curriculum Look Like?
- Mixed-age classrooms, with classrooms for children ages 3 months–24 months, 2–3 years and 3–6 years
- Student choice of activity from within a prescribed range of materials
- Uninterrupted blocks of work time, ideally 2-3 hours
- Specialized educational materials developed by Dr. Montessori and her collaborators
- Freedom of movement within the classroom
- Leadership from a trained Montessori teacher