Our MissionThe Hillside Montessori School of Trabuco Canyon, Orange County, is a culturally diverse community of life long learners, offering a strong academic curriculum based on the Montessori Philosophy fostering self-esteem, independence, empathy and social consciousness.
Hillside Montessori Is An Accredited Montessori School
The goal of our program is to nurture the unfolding of the child’s potential by providing love, security, encouragement, and appreciation of the child’s efforts. To achieve this we provide a specially prepared Montessori environment where the child finds intellectual stimulation and the opportunity to learn by doing. This personal involvement and experience give the child a love of learning that he/she takes with them for life. By infusing the five human values that are fundamental to all human development – truth, right action, peace, love, and non-violence – into the curriculum we establish a foundation in character, which is expressed in ethical personality, good self-esteem, and strong self-confidence
The Montessori Academy is committed to the concept of integral education. We believe that facilitating the intellectual, physical, emotional and socio-spiritual development of the child is essential to the harmonious development of the character and the progress of the individual and therefore of mankind. The philosophy of our school is based on the discoveries of Dr. Montessori and incorporates all the latest research on how children learn.
The program will be directed by teachers who are Montessori certified and are proficient in education theory and developmental psychology. Our teachers are trained to work with children on an individual basis. They are professionally accredited and meet all state licensing and department of education requirements.
For our students to be:
- Safe, happy, self-motivated, and excited about learning
- Kind and helpful to others
- Respectful, responsible, and tolerant of differences
- Caring towards living things and the environment
- Able to articulate their needs and meet their full academic potential
- Independent, inquisitive and self-directed
For our teachers to be:
- Caring, happy, loving, and effective in their work with children, fellow staff and parents
- Loyal to one another, our school, and the Montessori Philosophy
- Role models who are positive, energetic, and excited to serve every day
- Dedicated to their own personal and professional growth
- Respectful, kind and able to clearly communicate their needs on behalf of the children
- Contributing and creative members of the whole school team
For our parents to be:
- Willing to believe in their child and show faith in their innate ability
- Supportive of the Montessori Philosophy, and committed to our staff and school community
- Motivated to learn and grow as caregivers and open to feedback and recommendations
- Involved in their child’s education and school
- Able to communicate their needs on behalf of their child’s learning
In Business Since 1997
Centrally Located In Lake Forest, Mission Viejo, Foothills Ranch, Portola Hills, and Trabuco Canyon.